Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Logic Synthesizers Basic E Series
- ES M – A single oscillator, monophonic synth.
- ES E – ES E is for synth pads (the “E” stands for Ensemble).
- ES P – ES P is a mono timbral, 8 voice synth.
- EFM1 – EFM1 features two-operator FM synthesis, containing a sine-wave carrier, and a multi waveform modulator
Lesson 2: Logic Full-Features Synthesizers
Retro Synth – A powerful set of vintage synths — all with intuitive controls — make it easy to recreate your favorite electronic sounds from the ’70s and ’80s.
ES1 – The ES1 contains two Oscillators, Lowpass Filter with controls for Cutoff, Resonance, and Slope, and full ADSR for Volume and Filter, with Velocity control of all relevant parameters.
ES2 – A versatile synthesizer that delivers sounds ranging from classic analog to modern digital, including FM.
Sculpture – Sculpture is a unique physical modeling instrument that produces tones no other synthesizer can.
Lesson 3: Ultrabeat – Combination of a classical drum machine with some really interesting add-ons.
Lesson 4: Sampler – A powerful replacement for the EXS 24 featuring a new user interface, increased functionality, and ease of use.
Lesson 5: Alchemy – The ultimate sample-manipulation synthesizer, is the most powerful instrument in Logic Pro. It comes with an enormous library of over 3000 sounds and a keyword browser to quickly zero in on what you’re looking for.
- Views, Sources, Oscillators, Source Filters, Voice Filters, and Master Controls
- Modulations, AHDSR, LFO, Sequencer, FX, MSeg Envelope, ModMap
- Morph Modulation, Xfade XY, Xfade Linear, Assigning Perform Controls
- Making Sequence Drum Grooves
- Importing samples, Automap samples, Looping, Velocity layering
- Granular Synth
- Spectral Resynthesis
- Spectral Resynthesis with images
- Morph XY and Morph Linear
Lesson 6: Notation
- Single part
- Lead sheet with lyrics
- Small Arrangement from Piano to Full Orchestra
Lesson 7: Picture – Music & Sound Design
Lesson 8: Metering and the Mixing Environment
- Signal Flow and best practices
- Parallel compression
- Peak, RMS, and LUFS
- Room/Monitor considerations
Lesson 9: Odds and Ends
- Beat Detection
- Freeze tracks
- Hide tracks
- Moving project between Logic and Pro Tools
Lesson 10: Control Surfaces