macOS Support Essentials 11 is a three-day course that teaches the best ways to support macOS Big Sur users. The course includes lectures, demonstrations, group discussions, and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
- How to use macOS Big Sur tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Big Sur
- macOS Big Sur features and functionality, including how to find more information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 11 certification
What You'll Learn
Installation and Configuration
- Update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Big Sur
- Set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac
- Introduction to the command-line interface and macOS Recovery
- Manage user accounts, user home folders, macOS security and password changes
File Systems and Storage
- Manage file systems, storage, encryption, permissions, and file sharing.
- Use hidden items, shortcuts, file archives, metadata, and Spotlight
- Manage system resources and Time Machine
Apps and Processes
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot apps. Manage documents
- Manage basic and advanced network settings
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall
- Manage printers and scanners
- Troubleshoot peripherals, startup, and other system issues.
- People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
- People who support Mac users
Who Should Attend