The Managing Enterprise Security with Cisco Security Manager (SSECMGT) 4.0 course is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager.
End of Life Date: 10/31/2022
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Present an overview of Cisco Security Manager product, describe the main product features, and introduce the basic deployment tasks.
- Manage configuration of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco FWSM firewall devices, and explain firewall event management and device configuration correlation.
- Describe the most commonly used VPN topologies and their deployment.
- Examine configuration of intrusion prevention mechanisms on Cisco IOS platform, modules and standalone appliances, as well as explain the Cisco IPS event and configuration correlation.
- Explain how Cisco Security Manager works with Cisco IOS-based devices, including the new Cisco ISR G2 routers.
- Describe the FlexConfig functionality of Cisco Security Manager, the Workflow mode of operation, and administrative tasks and integration with Cisco Secure ACS.
What You'll Learn
- Providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager.
- An overview of network security technologies
- Case studies useful for deployment scenarios
- Lab activities
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE)
- Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL)
- Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN)
- Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Understanding of networking and routing (on CCNP level, but no certification is required).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Who Should Attend