The Managing Enterprise Security with Cisco Security Manager (SSECMGT) 4.0 course is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Present an overview of Cisco Security Manager product, describe the main product features, and introduce the basic deployment tasks.
- Manage configuration of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco FWSM firewall devices, and explain firewall event management and device configuration correlation.
- Describe the most commonly used VPN topologies and their deployment.
- Examine configuration of intrusion prevention mechanisms on Cisco IOS platform, modules and standalone appliances, as well as explain the Cisco IPS event and configuration correlation.
- Explain how Cisco Security Manager works with Cisco IOS-based devices, including the new Cisco ISR G2 routers.
- Describe the FlexConfig functionality of Cisco Security Manager, the Workflow mode of operation, and administrative tasks and integration with Cisco Secure ACS.
What You'll Learn
- Providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager.
- An overview of network security technologies
- Case studies useful for deployment scenarios
- Lab activities
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE)
- Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL)
- Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN)
- Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Understanding of networking and routing (on CCNP level, but no certification is required).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Who Should Attend