Palo Alto Networks® Traps™ Advanced Endpoint Protection prevents sophisticated vulnerability exploits and unknown malware-driven attacks. Traps accomplishes this through a highly scalable, lightweight agent that uses an innovative new approach for defeating attacks without requiring any prior knowledge of the threat itself.
Successful completion of this two-day, instructor-led course equips the student to deploy Traps in large-scale or complex configurations and optimize its configuration. Students will learn how to design, build, implement, and optimize large-scale Traps deployments: those with multiple servers and/or thousands of endpoints.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn how to distribute Traps endpoint software in an automated way
- Prepare master images for VDI deployment
- Build multi-ESM deployments
- Design and implement customized policies
- Test Traps with exploits created using Metasploit
- Examine prevention dumps with windbg
This class is comprised of the following modules focusing on equipping the student to deploy Traps in large-scale or complex configurations.
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: Scaling Server Infrastructure
- Module 2: Scaling Agent Deployment
- Module 3: ESM Tuning
- Module 4: Windows Migrations for Traps
- Module 5: Advanced Traps Forensics
- Module 6: Advanced Traps Troubleshooting
Students should have completed “Traps: Install, Configure, and Manage” or (for Palo Alto Networks employee and partner SEs) “PSE: Endpoint Associate” training. Windows system administration skills and familiarity with enterprise security concepts also are required.
- Security Engineers
- System Administrators
- Technical Support Engineers