Palo Alto Networks® Traps™ Advanced Endpoint Protection prevents sophisticated vulnerability exploits and unknown malware-driven attacks. Traps accomplishes this through a highly scalable, lightweight agent that uses an innovative new approach for defeating attacks without requiring any prior knowledge of the threat itself.
Successful completion of this two-day, instructor-led course equips the student to install Traps in basic configurations.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn how Traps protects against exploits and malware-driven attacks
- Install and configure the Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) and Traps endpoint components; build rules; enable and disable process protections
- Integrate Traps with Palo Alto Networks WildFire™, which provides prevention and detection of zero-day malware
This class is comprised of ten modules focusing on equipping the student to build a basic Traps deployment.
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: Traps Overview
- Module 2: Installing Traps
- Module 3: Malicious Software Overview
- Module 4: Consoles Overview
- Module 5: Traps Protection against Exploits
- Module 6: Traps Protection against Malware
- Module 7: Prevention Event Exceptions
- Module 8: Managing Traps
- Module 9: Traps Forensics
- Module 10: Basic Traps Troubleshooting
Students must have Windows system administration skills and familiarity with enterprise security concepts.
- Security Engineers
- System Administrators
- Technical Support Engineers