This course will take a more advanced look into Tableau, looking into advanced visualizations, origins of data, ways to export visualizations and dashboards.
Module 1: Understanding the nature of Tableau
- Introduction of Tableau, brief look at the pipeline and suite of tableau applications
- Data Design: Looking at linking and exporting data, and demonstrating how the data relates in the visualization engine. Analysis of grouping and a look at basic visualizations such as tables, bar and line graphs.
Module 2: Deeper Visualizations
- Advanced visualizations such as circle plots, side by side graphs, heat maps, scatter plots, continuous line graphs, area charts and Tree Maps
Module 3: Data Transformation Deep Dive
- Data sorting and filtration
- Using aggregation and logical operations for data grouping and binning
- Performing functions on data types such as strings and date time.
Module 4: Complex Visualizations
- A look into data with multiple dimensions, such as dual axis plots, dual and combination charts
- Deeper analytical charts such as Gantt charts, Pareto Analysis, motion charts, market basket analysis, and motion charts
Module 5: Data through Time
- Time visualizations such as YTD, quick tables, custom tables, parallel periods, moving averages, running totals, window averages, predictive modeling and trend lines
Module 6: Data I/O
- Learning how to navigate through Tableau Server, acquiring data from databases vs. sheets.
- Sharing data through external means such as webpages or SharePoint
Module 7: Bringing it all Together
- Dashboards that can reflect changes up to real-time
- Mastering the data workflow pipeline and making sure teams receive
Module 8: Additional Topics
- A look at location data and mapping, geocoding, integration with Google Maps
Fundamentals of Tableau or equivalent knowledge