CVP Development and Scripting – Part 1 is part of the Cisco CCE/CVP suite of Contact Center suite. CVPDS-1 teaches each student to use the features of Call Studio to build self-service IVR applications for CVP VXML Server, and to pass data between CCE/ICM and CVP.
Students have ample practice writing applications, using OAMP for put applications into production on the classroom VXML Server, and troubleshooting through log files analysis.
This class is for application developers, programmers, sales and pre-sales, technical support, and project managers to learn to script in CVP Call Studio and VXML Server.
- Overview of a UCCE with CVP Comprehensive Call Flow
- ICM routing script basics to route calls to CVP VXML Server and to pass data between CVP, ICM, Finesse Agent Desktop
- Most of the class is dedicated to creating Call Studio applications that include the following:
- Menus, collect and confirm caller input, such as account numbers. Prompt callers with audio files, TTS text-to-speech, and Say it Smart audio
- Variables – Session data, Element data, Call data, Local variables. Data from ICM.
- Introduction to back end system data retrieval.
- SQL Database
- SOAP Web Services
- REST Web Services
- Parse XML results
- Parse JSON results
- Play audio to callers during back-end data retrieval
- Set timers associated with web services
- Errors: understand, troubleshoot, and catch
- Counters and Decisions (if/else)
- Set VoiceXML properties affecting the voice browser
- Multi-Language applications
- Post Call Survey
- Studio Debugger to test applications
- CVP Reporting Server and CVP CUIC Reports
- Best practices regarding naming elements and variables
- Configuring data to pass to the Reporting Server using OAMP
- Understanding Application Summary CUIC reports
- Administration covered throughout the course:
- OAMP Operations Console Server to deploy applications to VXML Server
- Calling in and testing apps, then using logs for debugging
- Administrative scripts for graceful updates or suspensions of the server
- Studio Documenter to print Visio-like diagrams of the application
CCE Admin training or basic ICM scripting experience.
- CVPD is for Cisco customers, partners, and employees involved in UCCE/CVP or CVP Stand-alone deployments. This class is for application developers, programmers, sales and pre-sales, technical support, and project managers to learn to script in CVP Call Studio and VXML Server.
- CVPDS classes STRONGLY RECOMMEND the student has attended (or has working knowledge of) administration of UCCE or PCCE.
Who Should Attend